inegi alcaldia coyoacán
The museum is located just off the Plaza del Centenario, and features mostly temporary exhibits related to popular or mass culture such as one related to lucha libre wrestling. It was commons for the youth to go to the Cine Centenario movie theatre (now a Sanborns) after Mass. When they were done drinking, they could not find the image where they left it or anywhere nearby.  The festival called the Recibimiento del Señor de las Misericordia occurs in September in both Los Reyes and La Candelaria. These are hollow and placed on the shoulders of parade participants. Later in the night, student musical groups perform callejoneadas where they roam the streets playing music as a traveling party. , Anahuacalli is a museum designed by Diego Rivera to house his personal collection of pre-Hispanic art. The name means “house of Anáhuac” Anáhuac was the Nahuatl name for the Valley of Mexico. , On Calle Fernández Leal you can also find the Elena Garro Cultural Center. In the historic center, there are over 860 retail businesses, mostly restaurants, about 200 of which were established in the last five years. , One important monastery was the Churubusco monastery, at which the Battle of Churubusco took place on August 20, 1847, during the Mexican–American War. This street is lined with bookstores, such as Nalanda, El Sotano de Coyoacán, “Octavio Paz” and two branches of the Gandhi chain. The north side reflects the pre-Hispanic period; the south reflects the colonial period and the east is from the modern period.  The borough is named after the old village of Coyoacán, where the borough government is seated. Culturally, they are still distinguished by having their own histories and legends.  The borough is bordered to the north by the boroughs of Benito Juárez, Iztapalapa, Xochimilco, Tlalpan and Álvaro Obregón. This building was part of the ruins on a portion of an old hacienda purchased by Salvador Novo around 1950. In the pre-Hispanic period, Coyoacán was originally an independent dominion or altepetl.  The main house of the San Pedro Martír Hacienda is located off of Belisario Dominguez Street. It is bordered by Calle Carillo Puerto on the east, Calle Caballocalco on the west, Calle B. Dominguez and the Casa Municipal on the north and the Plaza del Centenario and the Parish is San Juan Bautista on the south. , The Churubusco neighborhood has the historic Dieguinos monastery located near the ancient road to Iztapalapa. , During the 2000s, the city and borough have done major rehabilitation and reconstruction work in the borough, especially in the historic center, renovating plazas, colonial buildings and streets. Much of the work was to make straight many of the walls and floors, which had cracked and warped. It has various halls, an auditorium and two courtyards in which are exhibitions, auditions, concerts, plays, recitals and craft workshops for children. Scenes of the work cover the walls and the ceiling. According to the borough, the area receives about 70,000 people each weekend. , The Sala Nezahualcóyotl is a concert hall and the main site for the UNAM philharmonic orchestra. It has a bookstore and art materials shop open to the public.  Renovation of the two plazas and the streets around them cost 88.3 million pesos. , The Casa del Indio Fernández House is located on Dulce Oliva Street in Barrio de Santa Catarina. It was constructed in 1906 as a residence for Bertha Vizcayno de Vergara who remained there until 1967. There is an unfinished portrait of Joseph Stalin, who became a hero to Kahlo after Rivera had a falling out with Russian Communism theorist Leon Trotsky. August 1847 stellten sich an jenem Ort mexikanische Truppen den nordamerikanischen Invasoren entgegen. Octavio Paz died here in 1998. It is a small square with a bright yellow chapel named the Capilla de Santa Catarina.  The interior of the church has seven chapels, with the Rosario Chapel containing an ornate Baroque altarpiece from the end of the 17th century. Behind this house is the Callejón del Aguacate, which is said to be haunted by the ghost associated with the woman, and local school children are known to go looking for the ghost. Miguel Hidalgo |  Calle Francisco Sosa alone has 65 structures catalogued by INAH for their historic value. Rivera and Kahlo's presence gave the area a bohemian reputation. He is known for making pancakes (called hotcakes) in the shape of animals and humans. Nachdem seine Truppen Tenochtitlan besiegt und zerstört hatten, ließ Cortés sich 1521 in Coyohuacan nieder und gründete den ersten Stadtrat Neuspaniens. Página oficial del INEGI donde se ofrece información estadística, geográfica y económica a nivel nacional y por entidad federativa.  The borough contains 228 preschools, 227 primary schools, 103 middle schools, and 66 technical, preparatory and other high schools serving about 155,000 students. The ranking is based on income levels, health and education. Originally located in Colonia Roma, it was moved to its current location near Santa Catarina after the 1985 earthquake. The museum also contains a café and a small gift shop. The building is modern.  Vendors sell street food such as ice cream, homemade fruit drinks, esquites (flavored corn kernels) and corn-on-the-cob served with mayonnaise, lime, chili pepper and grated cheese, amaranth bars, and various candies. The Kahlo pieces are some of her minor works and include El Marxismo Dará la Salud, which shows her casting away her crutches. After the Aztec capital was destroyed, Cortés remained in Coyoacán and made it the first capital of New Spain from 1521 to 1523. Designed by architects Mario Pani and Enrique del Moral, it was built in the 1950s to move the university from the scattered colonial buildings in the historic center of Mexico City. Cuauhtémoc |  In the past, this park was also home to the first Escuela Nacional de Tauromaquia (National School of Bullfighting). In this portrait, Stalin stands before a wheelchair.  By the mid 20th century, the urban sprawl of Mexico City began to envelop the borough, much as it was doing to other former villages and municipalities in the Federal District such as Tacuba, Tacubaya, Mixcoac and others. Reeds are cut and decorated with multicolored crepe paper and half inflated balloons and then are given to children as they pass by on the streets.  When renovation work finished in 2009, police were assigned to the plazas to keep vendors from returning, leading to confrontations, both physically in the plazas and legally in the courts. The parish church has a large open chapel, but only a portion of the atrium it had in the 16th century. Since its inauguration, on October 5, 2012, this space was conceived as a project of community life around books and a permanent offer of cultural activities that make available to visitors various expressions of the culture of Mexico and the world.  There are an estimated 250 franeleros working the borough, and in 2010, the city government proposed regulating them instead of eliminating them, which the residents of Coyoacán and neighboring San Angel have strongly rejected. Next to this hall is an attached chapel.  Many of these homes can be found one two of the historic center's oldest streets, the Calle de Higuera, which leads southeast away from the Parish of San Juan Miguel and to the La Concepción neighborhood and Calle Francisco Sosa, which leads away from the same area towards San Angel. , The San José del Altillo Church is located on the corner of Avenida Universidad and Miguel Angel de Quevedo.  The Instituto Italiano de Cultura (Italian Cultural Institute) on Francisco Sosa Street is house in a structure built between the 17th and 18th centuries and remodeled in the 20th. Against Aztec domination, these people welcomed Hernán Cortés and the Spanish, who used the area as a headquarters during the Spanish conquest of the Aztec Empire and made it the first capital of New Spain between 1521 and 1523. During the ceremony to return the image to its home church, the people of La Candelaria bring the image and the people of Los Reyes receive it with much fanfare. , From the rest of the 19th century to the middle of the 20th, Coyoacán remained separate from Mexico City proper, keeping its rural reputation and gaining one for cantinas and pulque bars. Opposite the Casa de los Camilos is the Jardín Frida Kahlo which has a statue of the painter and a fountain. , The Casa de Cultura Raúl Anguiano is located in the Pedregal area on a property with a 2 hectare lake. It is a very large structure for the area, filled with trees and plants both inside and out. , Auch die Ciudad Universitaria und das auf ihr errichtete Estadio Olímpico Universitario, Heimspielstätte des Fußballvereins UNAM Pumas und Austragungsort der Olympischen Sommerspiele 1968, befinden sich ebenso in Coyoacán wie das in der colonia Santa Úrsula Coapa gelegene Aztekenstadion, das sowohl vom Club América als auch von der Nationalmannschaft als Heimspielstätte genutzt wird und zweimal Austragungsort eines WM-Finals (1970 und 1986) war. Studies were done on the building to determine what materials in what colors were used in order to use the same. Ten years later, the area became part of the Federal District of Mexico City when it was expanded by the 1857 Constitution. The room in which Trotsky was killed remains exactly as it was at that moment, including the papers and the books in their exact positions.  The feast day for San Juan Bautista is 24 June. , The Miguel Angel de Quevedo House is on Francisco Sosa Street in Barrio de Santa Catarina. These two are separated from the historic center by Avenida Miguel A de Quevedo. At first this trolley was pulled by mules, but later it was electrified.  These plazas cover an area of 24,000 m2, which were renovated, along with the areas around them in 2008. Información institucional, atención a los ciudadanos, servicios, cartografía y publicaciones. The outside of the sculpture retains its natural vegetation. There is a memorial to this event outside the main entrance and a plaque commemorating the "Irish martyrs".  Other issues are graffiti and vandalism, and other crimes, the most serious of which is theft/robbery, followed by assault. The bookstores have attracted other cultural businesses such as theaters cafes and restaurants. , Other landmarks off the plazas include the Museo Nacional de Culturas Populares, and the Acuavida Coyoacán. On the east side is an unfinished work related to the culture of Mexico.  For over twenty five years, these plazas, especially Plaza Hidalgo, and the streets around them were filled with vendors (wandering and with stalls). Unter der Avenida Universidad, die die westliche Grenze von Coyoacán bildet, verkehrt die Metro-Linie 3.  In 2008, neighborhood groups worked against the construction of new apartment complexes in the borough in order to halt further urbanization. It is said that Cortés built it for La Malinche, and historians believe Cortés had his Spanish wife, Catalina Juárez de Marcaida, murdered there. Cortés did live in Coyoacán in 1521 and 1522, while the destroyed Aztec city of Tenochtitlan was being rebuilt into Mexico City, and the area was the capital of the colony of New Spain. It is said that she performed a number of miracles in this house. , In 2005, the San Juan Bautista church underwent renovations to its tower, atrium, facade, portal for pilgrims, the north and south sides and the cupola and more under the supervision of INAH and academics from UNAM. The house is now divided into three independent parts, but they retain their original facades. It was a major center of trade on the southern shore of Lake Texcoco. , Most of the area's oldest buildings are located on this plaza, Calle Fernando Sosa, which leads to Villa Coyoacán and Calle Fernandez Leal.  Parks and other green spaces cover 4,318,783.56m2 and can be found in most of the communities of the borough. De conformidad a los datos del Instituto Nacional de Estadística y Geografía (INEGI), la Alcaldía de Coyoacán cuenta con 620,416 habitantes, de la cual, la población que cuenta con acceso a los servicios de salud es de 77.8%, en comparación con países miembros de la OCDE, México se encuentra por debajo del promedio.  These sections bring in a large number of visitors, especially on weekends and holidays, with these roads unable to cope with the volume of traffic and need for parking. This entrance was built in the 16th century of stone with decorative motifs that show both European and indigenous influence. During the Mexican Revolution, Victoriano Huerta was sometimes found in cantinas here, proclaiming that the “only foreigners welcome (in Mexico) were Hennessy and Martell.”, The historic center and other villages were linked to each other and Mexico City proper by rail lines and trolleys. The urban sprawl of Mexico City reached the borough in the mid-20th century, turning farms, former lakes, and forests into developed areas, but many of the former villages have kept their original layouts, plazas, and narrow streets and have conserved structures built from the 16th to the early 20th centuries. Another main road in the borough is La Higuera, which links Plaza Hidalgo which the La Conchita Plaza in the La Concepción neighborhood. Coyoacán was ranked sixth in education, fourth in income and fifth in health.  There are also several restored colonial era houses around it.  While there are 70.7 km of primary roads through the borough, with 8,200,947m2 of pavement, many sections have maintained the narrow winding streets and plazas from its colonial past. The mansion of the early twentieth century, illuminated by its glass windows, calls readers to walk among its high shelves of two floors and to know its wide range of titles. UAM Xochimilco.jpg 555 × 838; 120 KB.  During Holy Week, La Candelaria holds a passion play which runs about 4 km from the main plaza to the Huayamilpas Ecological and Recreational Park. Coyoacán was ranked third best place to live in the country in 2004 by the United Nations Development Programme, behind Benito Juarez and San Pedro Garza García in Nuevo León.   Many of the old villages were linked by a trolley on Santa Catarina Road, now Francisco Sosa. Other religious events include processions on Calzada de Tlalpan and the blessing of taxi drivers. Gustavo A. Madero | , Despite its rural past with villages and farmlands, today the borough is urban, with all of its territory paved and developed with the exception of parks and other reserved green spaces as it is completely integrated with the urban sprawl of Mexico City. The building is towering and fortress-like made of volcanic stone, incorporating stylistic features from several pre-Hispanic cultures. It has three floors and twelve rooms, with walls of brick and limestone and wood roof decorated with tiles. While the practice was illegal, it had been tolerated by authorities, even though it caused damage to the plazas and caused traffic problems. , The Universum Museo de Ciencias is an interactive museum with 315 exhibits related to the natural and physical sciences. This ranks the quality of life as equivalent to that in developed countries. , The Coyoacán Market was built in 1956 by Pedro Ramírez Vázquez in a Functionalist style on a site that originally housed stables and horse corrals. This street used to have a trolley car that linked the historic center of Coyoacán with San Ángel and Churubusco. , This integration into the city proper has brought with it big city problems. Currently, most of the borough, especially in historic center, is residential with older adults. , The Casa Alvarado is now the home of the Fonoteca National or National Sound Library. Franeleros are people who illegally take over public street parking and charge for it. This historic center has the most with fifty buildings on 86 blocks over 1.64km2. During the sixteenth century and into the seventeenth, there was an active Spanish land market in Coyoacán, with many bills of sale in Nahuatl found in the archives. This makes for big business for establishments which offer valet parking and for franeleros. Zwar mussten sie sich letztendlich der Übermacht geschlagen geben, werden dafür aber bis zum heutigen Tag verehrt. The most important elevation is in the far south called the Cerro Zacatépetl which rises to 2420masl. Rivera's works on display are murals on the walls and ceilings, studies of major murals done in other locations such as El Hombre en el Cruce de los Caminos, which reflects the original El Hombre, Controlador del Universo, which is in the Palacio de Bellas Artes.  The area is a stop for both the Turibus and Tranvia Turistico tour bus routes, on their routes through San Ángel, Ciudad Universitaria and other locations in the south of Mexico City.  The complex also houses the Instituto del Derecho de Asilo y las Libertades Públicas (Institute for the Right of Asylum and Public Liberties) which was founded in 1990 and the Rafael Galván Library, which contains a collection of books with social themes. In the church a special altar is installed and mass is said all day. Coyoacán | Coyoacán (US: /ˌkɔɪoʊəˈkɑːn/ KOY-oh-ə-KAHN, Spanish: [koʝoaˈkan] (listen)) is a municipality (alcaldía) of Mexico City and the former village that is now the borough’s “historic center”.  These two roads, along with other colonial-era roads still have structures which are centuries old. It is named after a Mexican artist whose work reflected the country's political and artistic history. It conserves a large part of the original wood beams and decorative work in wood which was done by indigenous hands. , The Juárez Institute is located on the corner of Cuauhtemoc and Abasolo Streets.  According to INAH, the plaza was a pre-Hispanic ceremonial center, upon which Cortés had this chapel built. , The historic area is centered on two large plazas filled with Indian laurel trees called the Jardin del Centenario and the Jardín Hidalgo. Cultural and recreational activities include a marathon, fireworks, including those on large frames called “toritos” (little bulls) and “castillos” (castles), indigenous and folk dancing including Concheros, Santiagueros and Chinelos, and music played by wind bands especially from neighboring Tepepan and San Lucas Xochimanca.  One of the main goals of the renovation work in 2008 was to remove these vendors and move them to a new crafts bazaar built nearby. , The borough is divided into 140 communities, classified as colonias, pueblos, unidades habitacionales and barrios. , The borough of Coyoacán was created in 1928, when the Federal District of Mexico City was divided into 16 administrative parts. From June until September, the image is sent out to visit various communities in the borough. Enciclopedia de los Municipios y Delegaciones de México: Diese Seite wurde zuletzt am 3.  It is thought that Los Camilos once provided potable water to Tenochitlan. Diesen zufolge muss der Ort bereits um 1330 existiert haben und schon damals überaus zahlreich bevölkert gewesen sein. , Other traditional neighborhoods include San Lucas, San Mateo, El Niño Jesús, San Francisco and San Antonio. Later, representatives of Santiago Zapotitlan came to reclaim the image, but again it became too heavy to lift and it has remained in the church ever since. However, Cortés never lived at the site, despite a plaque on building that says that he did. This declaration recognizes 278 buildings within the borough. The eagle design is one adopted by Mexico after the French Intervention.  One of the most important of these structures is the Casa de Ordaz, located on Calle Francisco Sosa on the corner with the Plaza de Centenario.) The festival begins with chamber music and then the patron image of the Virgin Mary is “awakened” with the song Las Mañanitas as she is surrounded by numerous floral arrangements for mass. , The Casa Municipal, also referred to La Casa de Cortés, is a building located on the north side of the Plaza Hidalgo. , The feast day of Francis of Asisi, patron of the Barrio Cuadrante de San Francisco is announced by a band playing wind instruments playing through the streets. The exhibits are mostly pottery and stone figures and other pieces chosen for their artistic value. It still functions as a private residence. The Casa Colorada or Casa de la Malinche is located on a corner of the Plaza La Conchita, but it is not open to the public. Beide Anwesen befinden sich in der Colonia del Carmen und sind heute Museen. The rail line linked Mexico City and the historic center from the 1860s to the early 1900s. , The name comes from the Nahuatl original “Coyohuacán”. The front has sandstone Ionic columns. Decomposing volcanic rock is mostly found by the former lake.  In the 1920s, areas of the borough became a magnet for artists and intellectuals after being promoted by Francisco Sosa. Die international bekanntesten Attraktionen von Coyoacán sind die Casa Azul, in dem Frida Kahlo geboren wurde und die meiste Zeit ihres Lebens verbrachte, sowie das heutige Museo Casa León Trotsky, das Kahlo dem nach Mexiko immigrierten russischen Revolutionär schenkte und in dem dieser von Jaime Ramón Mercader del Río Hernández mit einem Eispickel ermordet wurde. One known food vendor goes by the name of Rogelio.  The Acuavida Coyacán Aquarium is on the north side of the Plaza del Centenario. The brothers cultivated a number of crops including fruit trees and flowers. This street used to have a trolley car that linked the historic center of Coyoacán with San Ángel and Churubusco. The El Niño Jesús and San Francisco barrios are filled with very winding alleyways over black volcanic rock, called pedregal, from an ancient eruption of Xitle.  In der Mitte der Parkanlage befindet sich eine Statue mit zwei Kojoten, den Namensgebern der Gemeinde. It is also used for other events, including concerts, and hosted two FIFA World Cups. The returned home joyous to have been chosen by the image. Representatives of various communities come to claim it, but none could lift the image. The altepetl (town) of Coyoacán continued to assess tribute on the basis of the size of a person's land holdings long after Spaniards had switched to a head tax. Prior to this, there had been no restoration work to the building for about a century. However, much of the same layout remains. These two rivers join to form the Río Churubusco on the border with Benito Juárez. In the ruins of this structure he visualized a theater and hired Alejandro Prieto to make the adaptation. These are usually eaten as a snack with jam, cream and other toppings. There are also processions and a ceremony called the “vítor” used to announce coming of the festival. In spite of the fact that there are six parking garages in the historic center, drivers in the area still jockey for spaces on the street. In 1932, this house was where the Escuela de Pintura al Aire Libre (Open Air Painting School) was established, which was an important artistic movement. , The Santa Catarina neighborhood is home to a large number of Coyoacán's landmarks. Today, it is still private property but is used as a restaurant. In the pre-Hispanic period, this area was a small island, which was called Teopanzolco, at the juncture of Lake Texcoco and Lake Xochimilco. Originally, these gardens were watered with river flow from the Río Magdalena, but this river is no longer accessible because it is encased. This population has fallen slightly from 640,423 to 628,063 (2000 to 2005) as the overall population of Mexico City has risen. Virgin Mary fenced altar.jpg 960 × 1,280; 243 KB. Un coyotito en Coyoacan - panoramio.jpg 818 × 613; 234 KB. It also contains some of his own work as well. About 55% of the population is of working age with less than 2% unemployed. The bookstores are here because the area is close to the Ciudad Universitaria and the student population that lives in the area. Two rivers pass through the territory called the Río Magdalena and Río Mixcoac. Trotsky and his wife survived by hiding under furniture. According to legend, sometime in the 18th century, residents of Santiago Zapotitlan, today in Tlahuac borough, were carrying the image to Mexico City for restoration. The main entrance on Avenida Insurgentes contains a mural by Carlos Mérida. Auch in der Frühgeschichte der spanischen Kolonialisierung unter Cortés spielte Coyoacán eine wichtige Rolle. The name comes from Nahuatl and most likely means “place of coyotes”, when the Aztecs named a pre-Hispanic village on the southern shore of Lake Texcoco that was dominated by the Tepanec people. Today, the center has three art galleries, named after Alfredo Ramos Martinez, Guillermo Kahlo and Miguel Alvarez Acosta to house temporary exhibits, an area to teach the culinary arts and two multiuse rooms. This building is one of the few built specifically to be a cultural center to serve the eastern side of the borough, which is densely populated due to apartment complexes such as the CTM Infonavit Culhuacan and the Alianza Popular Revolucionaria.  The south side of the plaza is lined with cafes and restaurants, including the well-known Café El Parnaso, and the north side features a very large crafts market. Property prices are high, leading to sales not to new families but rather to larger commercial interests, squeezing out smaller businesses along with residents.  In the 1930s, Attending mass on Sundays was a must although attendance was segregated by social class and age. Información generada por el Instituto y … Venustiano Carranza | Inside there are 400-year-old murals. The mural in the chapel was done by Diego Rosales in 1961, depicting the early history of Mexico with personages such as Cuauhtémoc, Cortés, La Malinche and Pedro de Alvarado. Östlich des Zentrums von Coyoacán verkehrt die Metro-Linie 2, deren Station General Anaya unterhalb der Calzada de Tlalpan etwa 2 km von der zentralen Plaza Hidalgo entfernt ist. When the borough of Coyoacán was created in 1928, as part of the Federal District, the building remained the government seat but of the modern “delegación.” The structure was declared a Colonial Monument by INAH in 1932. Neighborhood groups have formed to confront the changes and preserve the historic value of the area. It was built in the 19th century.  The museum was created in 1982, to show the values and ways of live of the various modern cultural groups in Mexico. The house was constructed over twenty years by architect Manuel Parra for Mexican filmmaker Emilio “Indio” Fernández, who died in the house in 1986. An image of the Nativity and the Three Wise Men is carried through the town on a truck from which bags of candies are tossed to children. The Mexicans, aided by the "Saint Patrick's Battalion", a military unit composed of catholic immigrants (mainly Irish), had fortified the monastery and fought until they ran out of ammunition and then beaten only after hand-to-hand combat. There is also a parade that features “mojigangas” which are large structures made of cardboard and paper in the shape of human figures. The Project for Public Spaces ranked the neighborhood as one of the best urban spaces to live in North America in 2005 and is the only Mexican neighborhood on the list.  Over time, as the complex deteriorated and was reconstructed and restored various time, most was replaced so that now the only original parts from the 16th century are the choir area, the Rosario Chapel and the main altar. , However, quality of life in this borough his ranked among the top in the nation and has been ranked internationally. The high relief decoration in the front was designed by Diego Rivera and created as a mosaic using naturally colored stones. Word went out to try to find which church the image belonged to. Initially, opposition to the removal of the vendors came not only from the vendors themselves, but also from some neighborhood groups and local businesses who feared their removal would hurt tourism.  This has deforested the area and depleted the soil leaving very little wildlife. The cupola was particularly damaged, with trees and other plants growing out of it. Die Kapelle des Heiligen Antonius von Panzacola stammt aus dem 18. Tlalpan | Today, the stadium is the home of the Pumas professional soccer team. These barrios and pueblos can still be somewhat distinguished by their narrow, winding roads and alleyways. It was built in 1890 and named in honour of Carmen Romero, the wife of then president Porfirio Díaz, and it is best known for having several of the borough's museums and other landmarks. The second Gandhi store, called Gandhi 2000, was built to be a cultural center as well as a bookstore with literature related events, children's activities, concerts and more. Today, it not only germinates and grows trees for reforestation projects, it is considered to be one of Mexico City's “lungs.” This and other areas serve to recharge aquifers and add oxygen to the air. The facade is simple and is fronted by a series of columns in sandstone and wood over which is a roof.  When the plazas reopened in 2009, there were confrontations between the vendors and authorities, both on the plazas with police and in the courts, despite the fact that the borough built a nearby bazaar on Felipe Carrillo Puerto. It was created to house facilities related to various art forms and by artists from all over the world as well as Mexico. , The Estadio Olímpico México 68 is the main sports facility built for the Olympic Games of 1968 held in Mexico City.